Yogurt-Marinated Rooster Shawarma Probably the most scrumptious shawarma rooster you may ever eat! Serve with pita bread, tomato and/or cucumber slices, tahini, or garlic sauce.
Prep: 10 mins Cook: 20 mins Servings: 8 People
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, or as needed
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
READ MORE: Chicken Handi Masala and Garnishing
- Mix yogurt, lemon juice, 1/four cup oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, paprika, cumin, and oregano in a big glass or ceramic bowl; combine effectively. Add rooster and toss to evenly coat. Cowl the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate within the fridge for eight hours to in a single day.
- Take away rooster from the marinade and shake off extra. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in hot oil in batches until tender and browned, about 5 minutes per batch.
- An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Substitute thyme for oregano if most popular.
Editor’s Be aware:
Diet information for this recipe contains the total quantity of marinade components. The precise quantity of marinade consumed will range. Substitute thyme for oregano if most popular Yogurt-Marinated Rooster Shawarma.
Diet information for this recipe contains the total quantity of marinade components. The precise quantity of marinade consumed will range.