This is so easy as to be shocking. Butter, honey, and lemon juice are all you need, but I find the addition of a little cinnamon to be vital. Waffles with Butter and Honey | Waffles Made with Yeast
Now, if you’re cruel like me, you will then make those not-so-early birds play the very important role of syrup pourer in which they have to stand by patiently applying the syrup to said amazing buttermilk waffles without digging right in Let that honey butter melt
- 1 cup plain flour (maida)
- 1/4 cup cornflour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp fresh yeast, crumbled
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup milk
- a pinch of salt
- butter for cooking
- honey & melted butter for serving
READ MORE: Masala idli recipe | How to make masala idli
- Sieve together the flour, cornflour and baking powder in a bowl.
- Dissolve the yeast in 3 tablespoons of lukewarm water.
- Add the yeast solution, sugar melted butter, milk, and salt to the flour mixture and whisk well to make a smooth batter. Keep aside for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Heat a waffle iron and brush it with butter. Pour 1/3 of the prepared batter in the waffle iron and spread evenly. Bake for 2 minutes or until the waffle is golden brown.
- Repeat for the remaining batter to make 2 more waffles.
- Serve hot with honey and melted butter.
- Waffles with Butter and Honey | Waffles Made with Yeast