Spicy Recipes shares the recipe of how to make the hot and mouthwatering Szechuan Soup | Chinese | Non-Vegetarian that gives the winter season a tasty and sizzling touch. The vegetables and chicken combined give an unbelievable and healthy flavor to the Chinese soup.
- 1 cup thinly stripped tofu
- 1/4 cup shredded bamboo shoots
- 2 tbsp shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced mushroom
- 1 cup thin strip of chicken meat or lean pork
- 1/2 cup finely chopped spring onion
- 1/2 cup water chestnut, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 2-3 red hot chillies, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- salt as per taste
- pepper as per taste
- Put mushroom in boiling water .Cover with lid, remove from fire and let it stand for 20-30 minutes .
- Drain and keep aside .Heat oil in a sauce pan .Saute mushroom, ginger and garlic for 2 minutes .
- Add chicken pieces .Let it cook till it turns white .Add bamboo shoots and carrots .Cook for another 2 minutes .
- Add water and chicken stock and bring it to boil .Simmer for 5 minutes .Dissolve cornstarch in 3 tbsp water .
- Slowly stir mixture into soup .Stir till soup boils .Add water chestnut, vinegar and soy sauce .
- Add tofu, spring onion, salt and pepper .Bring it to boil again .Beat the eggs Slowly pour the eggs, stirring soup vigorously .
- Serve hot Szechuan Soup | Chinese | Non-Vegetarian