Everyone probably has a dish that helps reminds you of grandma’s cooking. For me, that dish is steamed sticky rice meatballs (or Steamed Sticky Rice Meat Balls (Pearl Meat Balls)).
Every New Year’s eve, everyone in my family will gather together at my grandparents’ house to celebrate the upcoming year over the “reunion dinner”. My grandmother will always make this dish for us.
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice grains
- 1/2 kg ground meat
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt as per taste
- pepper as per tasty
- Wash and soak rice for 5-6 hours, later drain it .
- Make small balls from meat mixture .
- Place the rice in flat plate .
- Roll the balls over the rice, so they completely coated with it .
- Place the meatballs in steamer .
- Steam the meatballs for 30 minutes .
- Remove and serve hot .
- Steamed Sticky Rice Meat Balls (Pearl Meat Balls)
- Avoid rewarding children with sugary snacks; such a pattern may become a lifelong habit for people.
- Avoid heavy meals in the summer months, especially during hot days.
- A vegetarian lifestyle has been promoted for a healthy lifestyle and weight loss; vegetarians should check with their physicians to be sure they are getting enough vitamins, minerals, and iron in their diet.
- Cooking foods (above 165 F) destroys the most harmful bacteria and other pathogens; if you choose to eat uncooked foods like fruits or vegetables, they should be thoroughly washed with running treated (safe to drink) tap water right before eating.
- Avoid eating raw or undercooked meats of any type.