The Puffed rice upma | Uggani | Pori upma makes a quick and easy breakfast for those busy weekday mornings. Puffed rice is a type of grain made from rice, commonly used as a breakfast cereal or snack foods, and served as a popular street food in India in the form of Bhel Puri.
This is a twist to the traditional bhel with a South Indian touch. You can make your own twist by adding some potatoes, beans, and carrot to make it more nutritious and wholesome.
- puffed rice 1/2 kg
- green chillies
- roasted bengal gram 1/4 cup
- curry leaves
- oil 4tsp
- onion 1
READ MORE: Masala idli recipe | How to make masala idli
- Soak puffed rice in water after they become tender remove them from water grind roasted bengal gram and chillies with salt
- Add that powder to puffed rice .cut onion into small pieces length wise .heat oil and add mustard seeds and urad dhal
- Add curry leaves after they cook add some turmeric .add onions after they turned into reddish color add puffed rice
- Mix it and cover the pan after 5 minutes upma is ready .
- Puffed rice upma | Uggani | Pori upma
Although it only takes you a few minutes to eat a meal, it takes your body hours to completely digest the food.
Women below the age of 50 need twice the amount of iron per day as men of the same age.
An apple a day does keep the doctor away. Apples can reduce levels of bad cholesterol to keep your heart healthy.