Pudina (Mint) Puris – How to make Pudina (Mint) Puris
- 2 cups plain flour (maida)
- 1/2 cup mint leaves (pudina)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt to taste
- oil for deep frying
READ MORE: Chicken Handi Masala and Garnishing
- Pound the mint leaves, cumin seeds, green chillies, lemon juice, sugar and salt together.
- Combine this mixture with the flour, add enough water and knead into a firm dough. Divide into small portions
- Roll out on a lightly greased surface into thin circles
- Deep fry in hot oil till golden brown and drain on tissue paper
- Pudina (Mint) Puris – How to make Pudina (Mint) Puris
Regularly consuming foods and drinks high in sugar increases your risk of obesity and tooth decay.
Sugary foods and drinks are often high in energy (measured in kilojoules or calories), and if consumed too often can contribute to weight gain. They can also cause tooth decay, especially if eaten between meals.
Free sugars are any sugars added to foods or drinks, or found naturally in honey, syrups and unsweetened fruit juices and smoothies.
This is the type of sugar you should be cutting down on, rather than the sugar found in fruit and milk.
Many packaged foods and drinks contain surprisingly high amounts of free sugars.
Free sugars are found in many foods, such as:
sugary fizzy drinks
sugary breakfast cereals
pastries and puddings
sweets and chocolate
Food labels can help. Use them to check how much sugar foods contain.