Phulka Recipe – How to make Phulka Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups wheat flour
- thin buttermilk or water.
READ MORE: Chicken Handi Masala and Garnishing
- Knead soft dough with above ingredients. Break off to a table tennis – ball sized (even smaller) bit of dough.
- Roll with help of dry flour to a thin round. Roll as thin as possible (about 2 mm thick).
- Heat griddle (tawa) and place phulka it.
- When dry on one side, turn. When brown spots appear on second side, turn again. Use a kitchen towel and lightly press and phulka, rotating at same time. It will puff. Make as crisp as desired.
- Apply ghee on crisp side and serve hot. Practice is required to make the phulka puff fully, so don’t lose heart. Serve hot with vegetable curries.
Regularly consuming foods and drinks high in sugar increases your risk of obesity and tooth decay.
Sugary foods and drinks are often high in energy (measured in kilojoules or calories), and if consumed too often can contribute to weight gain.
Free sugars are any sugars added to foods or drinks, or found naturally in honey, syrups and unsweetened fruit juices and smoothies.
sugary fizzy drinks
sugary breakfast cereals
pastries and puddings
sweets and chocolate
Food labels can help. Use them to check how much sugar foods contain.