Medu Vada – Medu Vada Recipe medu vada is one snack I loved as a kid and still do. I especially like the crispy and fluffy medu vada dunked in hot sambar with coconut chutney by the side. The combo of vada sambar with coconut chutney is very famous and tastes awesome. You can enjoy medu vada with any variety of sambar.
- 4 cups urad dal
- 1 cup ordinary rice
- 1 tbsp. coconut grated coarsely
- 8-10 whole peppercorns
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 tsp. ginger grated
- salt to taste
- oil to deep fry
READ MORE: Dahi Vada Recipe: How to Make Dahi Vada
- Wash and soak dal and rice together in plenty of water overnight. Drain, grind to a soft batter, a fine grain should be felt in it.
- Do not make the batter thin. It should be thick enough to shape vadas.
- Add all ingredients and beat well with hand to incorporate air.
- Heat oil, wet palm and take an idli sized lump on fingers palm side up.
- Make a hole in the middle with a thumb.
- Slip gently into the hot oil, repeat for more, Or use a medhu vada press.
- Fry 5-6 at a time on medium flame.
- Drain, serve hot with chutney and sambar or accompany with idli
- Medu Vada – Medu Vada Recipe
Swearing can make you feel better when you’re in pain.
Writing things out by hand will help you remember them.
Chewing gum makes you more alert, relieves stress and reduces anxiety levels.
Walking outside – or spending time in green space – can reduce negative thoughts and boost self-esteem.