Masala idli recipe | How to make masala idli Sharing an easy and tasty recipe of a snack that is made with idlis. You can use regular idlis or mini idlis to make this snack. Apart from this snack, you can make many recipes with leftover idlis
- 2 idlis, cubed
- 1 cup mixed vegetables of your choice
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 small piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
- 2 cinnamon sticks, cloves Garlic
- 2 cardamoms
- 1 tbsp of fresh coriander
- mint leaves (for garnishing)
READ MORE : Dahi Vada Recipe: How to Make Dahi Vada
- Heat oil in a pan and add the cinnamon, cloves, and cardamom. Then add the chopped onions and stir for few minutes till they turn golden brown.
- Now add the vegetables and saute for a few minutes. Then add the ginger, salt, chili powder, turmeric, and coriander powder.
- To this add the idlis and stir till contents are thoroughly heated. Transfer into a serving dish and garnish with mint and coriander leaves.
- Masala idli recipe | How to make masala idli
Garlic can also be added.
Add few tomatoes if desired. The idlis can be made to very small pieces using your hands instead of cutting into cubes for this dish. Try out the masala idli instead of the usual fried rice or biryani for a change