Kehtey Yogurt Chicken – How to Make Kehtey Yogurt Chicken
- 4 lb chicken pieces skinned
- 3 t lemon juice
- 3 ea garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 t soy sauce
- 1/2 t fine herbs
- 1 1/2 t turmeric
- 1/4 t freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 t ground ginger
- 3 c plain yogurt
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 2 ea onions finely chopped
- 1/2 t ground cloves
READ MORE: Chicken Handi Masala and Garnishing
- Rub chicken with garlic, fine herbs and pepper. Combine remaining ingredients in large bowl.
- Add chicken, turning to coat well. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 24 hours turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place in single layer in large roasting pan.
- Tent with foil and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove foil, turn pieces and bake about 30 minutes longer or until lightly browned, basting occasionally with marinade.
Regularly consuming foods and drinks high in sugar increases your risk of obesity and tooth decay.
Sugary foods and drinks are often high in energy (measured in kilojoules or calories), and if consumed too often can contribute to weight gain. They can also cause tooth decay, especially if eaten between meals.
Free sugars are any sugars added to foods or drinks, or found naturally in honey, syrups and unsweetened fruit juices and smoothies.
This is the type of sugar you should be cutting down on, rather than the sugar found in fruit and milk.
Many packaged foods and drinks contain surprisingly high amounts of free sugars.
Free sugars are found in many foods, such as:
sugary fizzy drinks
sugary breakfast cereals
pastries and puddings
sweets and chocolate
Food labels can help. Use them to check how much sugar foods contain.