Dahi vada recipe with step by step photos. This tasty snack consist of fried urad dal dumplings dunked in a creamy whipped yogurt topped with spicy and sweet chutneys. Dahi Vada Recipe: How to Make Dahi Vada
It is a popular North Indian snack that is made during special occasions and festivals.
- urad dal – 1 cup
- moong dal – 2 tablespoon
- curd/yogurt – 3 cups
- jeera – 2 tablespoon
- dry red chillies- 2 – 3
- coriander leaves- a small bunch
- sugar – 1/4 teaspoon
- salt to taste
- oil for frying.
- Soak both the dals overnight or 6-8 hours, grind it to smooth paste.
- Now take the curd and beat it nicely with a spoon along with salt and 1/4 teaspoon of sugar.
- Fry zeera and the red chilies without oil and grind it to powder, add this to the beaten curd with very little water.
- Now fry the vadas in oil, and as soon as you take it to output the vadas in warm water for 5-10 second, after that, take the vadas out and squeeze any excess water with hand and put it in the curd.
- Finally, you can garnish your dahi vada with coriander leaves. If you like you can add mustard, jeera, curry leaves and asafoetida seasoning to this.
- Dahi Vada Recipe: How to Make Dahi Vada
- To make this dahi vada more appealing you can garnish little tomato ketchup and date and tamarind chutney.
Laughing is good for the heart and can increase blood flow by 20 percent.
Your skin works hard. Not only is it the largest organ in the body, but it defends against disease and infection, regulates your temperature and aids in vitamin production.
Always look on the bright side: being an optimist can help you live longer.
Exercise will give you more energy, even when you’re tired.