Coconut Poori | Indian | Kid-Friendly | Recipe This was a surprise. I make things sometimes expecting them to be just ok and then they turn out to be quite nice. That is the kind of surprise I like. This recipe falls in that category.
Flaky puri with a lovely coconut filling which has a hint of earthiness due to the addition of besan. Do try it someday.
- 2 cups maida (all-purpose) flour
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- for filling:
- 1 cup finely grated coconut
- 1/2 cup gram flour
- 2 tbsp oil
- 8-10 sprigs curry leaves
- cut into fine pieces
- 8 green chilies, chopped
- 1 cm ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- a pinch of asafoetida
READ MORE: Prawn biryani | Prawn dum biryani
- Mix maida, wheat flour, salt, oil with enough water to make a firm dough.
- Heat oil in a pan, season with mustard seeds and asafoetida.
- When mustard splutters, add green chilies, ginger, curry leaves and fry for few minutes.
- Then add coconut, gram flour and fry till roasted. Allow it to cool.
- Also add salt, chili powder, little water and mix well. Make into small balls.
- Make larger balls of the dough, fill them with the coconut gram flour balls, flatten them and gently roll them out into small puris. (Be careful that the filling does not come out).
- Deep fry in hot oil till puffed, golden and serve hot with any chutney
- Coconut Poori | Indian | Kid-Friendly | Recipe
Tobacco use causes atherosclerotic arterial disease (hardening and narrowing of the arteries) that can lead to heart attacks, strokes, and lack of blood flow to the lower extremities. Tobacco use causes an estimated 20%-30% of coronary heart disease in the U.S. It also further increases the risk of heart attacks among subjects with elevated cholesterol, uncontrolled hypertension, obesity, and a sedentary lifestyle.