Chicken Musallam | How to Make Chicken Musallam
- 1 whole chicken
- 20 gms green chillies
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tbsp grated raw papaya
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- For Marination:
- 1 cup curds
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
- 2 tbsp salad oil
- Prepare the chicken (pluck, singe and skin). Cut slits lengthwise over the breast portion and breadth-wise over the leg portion carefully.
- Apply salt and sprinkle lime juice all over and keep aside. Grind green chillies, ginger and garlic to a paste.
- Beat curds thoroughly. Add ground spices. Grind papaya and add. Beat well again.
- Add the chilli powder and beat well. Add salad oil and color and strain through fine sieve.
- Rub the batter all over the body of the chicken and well inside the slits. Let it soak in the batter for at least 12 hours.
- Thread chicken on to a thin iron rod and place it well inside the tandoor.
- Remove when well done.
- Serve hot with onion rings and pieces of lime
- Chicken Musallam | How to Make Chicken Musallam
Eat lots of fruit and veg
It’s recommended that you eat at least 5 portions of a variety of fruit and veg every day. They can be fresh, frozen, canned, dried or juiced.
Getting your 5 A Day is easier than it sounds. Why not chop a banana over your breakfast cereal, or swap your usual mid-morning snack for a piece of fresh fruit?
A portion of fresh, canned or frozen fruit and vegetables is 80g. A portion of dried fruit (which should be kept to mealtimes) is 30g.
A 150ml glass of fruit juice, vegetable juice or smoothie also counts as 1 portion, but limit the amount you have to no more than 1 glass a day as these drinks are sugary and can damage your teeth.