Chicken Karahi | How to Make Chicken Karahi
- 1 kilo chicken
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- salt according to taste
- 1 tsp freshly crushed black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 5-6 tomatoes (medium size)
- 3-4 whole green chilies
- 4 tbs oil
READ MORE: Chicken Spring Rolls Recipe with Chicken
- This dish is best cooked in a Wok (Karahi) but you can use a regular pot if you don’t have a Wok.
- Add the chicken in a pot with garlic & ginger and leave on medium heat for the water to dry.
- When the chicken has softened add everything, including the oil, except green chilies & tomatoes.
- Increase the heat to dry water if any then add green chilies & tomatoes.
- Lower the heat and cook covered for 5-10 minutes.
- Then when the tomatoes have softened, increase the heat and evaporate all the water.
- The end result should be with very little gravy. Serve with Naan.
- Chicken Karahi | How to Make Chicken Karahi
Eat lots of fruit and veg
It’s recommended that you eat at least 5 portions of a variety of fruit and veg every day. They can be fresh, frozen, canned, dried or juiced.
Getting your 5 A Day is easier than it sounds. Why not chop a banana over your breakfast cereal, or swap your usual mid-morning snack for a piece of fresh fruit?
A portion of fresh, canned or frozen fruit and vegetables is 80g. A portion of dried fruit (which should be kept to mealtimes) is 30g.
A 150ml glass of fruit juice, vegetable juice or smoothie also counts as 1 portion, but limit the amount you have to no more than 1 glass a day as these drinks are sugary and can damage your teeth.