Bread Upma – How to Make Bread Upma
- 5 dry bread slices
- (each cut into nine squares)
- 1 big onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp dhania-jeera powder
- a pinch of red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp urad dal
- 3 tsp of oil
- salt to taste
- a pinch of turmeric powder
- In a hard-bottomed pan, add oil. Add mustard seeds and after it starts spluttering, add urad dal.
- Add the onions and fry till it changes color. Put the bread pieces and sprinkle a little water to soften the bread.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, dhania-jeera powder, and chili powder. Mix well in a low flame.
- Serve hot
1. Copy your kitty: Learn to do stretching exercises when you wake up. It boosts circulation and digestion, and eases back pain.
2. Don’t skip breakfast. Studies show that eating a proper breakfast is one of the most positive things you can do if you are trying to lose weight. Breakfast skippers tend to gain weight. A balanced breakfast includes fresh fruit or fruit juice, a high-fibre breakfast cereal, low-fat milk or yoghurt, wholewheat toast, and a boiled egg.
3. Brush up on hygiene. Many people don’t know how to brush their teethproperly. Improper brushing can cause as much damage to the teeth and gums as not brushing at all. Lots of people don’t brush for long enough, don’t floss and don’t see a dentist regularly. Hold your toothbrush in the same way that would hold a pencil, and brush for at least two minutes.
This includes brushing the teeth, the junction of the teeth and gums, the tongue and the roof of the mouth. And you don’t need a fancy, angled toothbrush – just a sturdy, soft-bristled one that you replace each month.
4. Neurobics for your mind. Get your brain fizzing with energy. American researchers coined the term ‘neurobics’ for tasks which activate the brain’s own biochemical pathways and to bring new pathways online that can help to strengthen or preserve brain circuits.